Submit your results to claim your prize
View our Terms & Conditions here
Attach Image of Crossword Puzzle
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY, AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO US LAW.
1. HOW TO ENTER: On or about October 24th, 2022, Headlight Labs, LLC (“Headlight Labs”) will place an advertisement with Adweek (see https://www.adweek.com/ for more information on Adweek) which advertisement includes a crossword puzzle (the “Headlight Labs Puzzle”). The first person to correctly complete the Headlight Labs Puzzle with no errors and properly submit the correct Headlight Labs Puzzle to Headlight Labs in accordance with these Rules will win the “First Place Prize” (defined below), and the next twenty (20) people to correctly complete the Headlight Labs Puzzle with no errors and properly submit the correct Headlight Labs Puzzle to Headlight Labs in accordance with these Rules will win the “Second Place Prize” (defined below).
2. HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR COMPLETED HEADLIGHT LABS PUZZLE: You can submit your complete Headlight Labs Puzzle by October 31st, 2022. Limit one entry per person and per e-mail address. No mechanical reproductions or automated entries permitted. Headlight Labs is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or ineligible entries that are not timely received or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or other error. Headlight Labs is not responsible for any illegible entries (i.e., Headlight Labs Puzzle responses) or illegible portions thereof. All entries become property of Headlight Labs and will not be returned.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States, including Washington DC, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, except as otherwise prohibited herein. Void where prohibited or limited by law. Employees (including immediate family members such as parent, sibling, spouse/significant other, child, legal guardian, and/or those living in the same household of each) of Headlight Labs, Adweek, LLC, and their respective affiliates and subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers are not eligible. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. The laws of the United States govern this promotion. Only one entry or submission per person and per e-mail address. Anyone who submits more than one entry shall have all such entries excluded and declared ineligible for consideration.
4. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: The deadline for Headlight Labs’ receipt of the Headlight Labs Puzzle shall be 11:59 PM (Pacific Time) on October 31, 2022 (the “Submission Deadline”). Headlight Labs is not responsible for any submissions received by Headlight Labs after the Submission Deadline regardless of the reason for such late receipt, and no such late submissions shall be considered regardless of the reason.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: On November 1st, 2022, a representative of Headlight Labs, LLC will determine the First Place Prize and Second Place Prize winners from eligible entries. The First Place Prize will be awarded to the first eligible submission (based upon date and time of receipt by Headlight Labs of submission) to correctly complete the Headlight Labs Puzzle with no errors and properly submit the correct Headlight Labs Puzzle to Headlight Labs in accordance with these Rules. Twenty (20) Second Place Prizes will be awarded to up to the next twenty (20) eligible submissions (based upon date and time of receipt by Headlight Labs of submission) to correctly complete the Headlight Labs Puzzle with no errors and properly submit the correct Headlight Labs Puzzle to Headlight Labs in accordance with these Rules. Odds of winning depend on the number and timing of eligible submissions. All winners will be contacted by e-mail at the e-mail address provided by such participant. All winners must affirmatively acknowledge intent to accept the applicable prize no later than ten (10) days after receipt of such notification (though provision of the actual prize will come at a later date as described below). In the event a winner does not affirmatively acknowledge intent to accept the applicable prize within the applicable time period, the winner shall forfeit the prize and Headlight Labs shall select the next eligible recipient of the applicable prize and follow the same process outlined herein with the intent of Headlight Labs to give away all prizes.
6. PRIZES: The First Place Prize shall be two (2) roundtrip airline tickets for domestic travel within the United States with a maximum value of $5,000.00 (US) including all taxes and fees. The First Place Prize winner shall assume all responsibility and liability in connection with the purchase and use of the airline tickets, including but not limited to, eligibility to travel, and all limitations (i.e., restrictions on dates, usage, cancellation, etc.) associated therewith imposed by the airline, airport or otherwise. Any and all expenses related to the First Place Prize, including but not limited to travel expenses to the airport, purchases during travel, etc., shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. All tickets shall be subject to all other restrictions imposed at the time of purchase by the airline or agent providing the tickets. The tickets must be purchased no later than November 31st, 2022.
Each Second Place Prize winner shall receive a creative concept brief for a product or company of their choosing. Each Second Place Prize winner shall reasonably cooperate and work with Headlight Labs in the creation of the Second Place Prize for such winner. Headlight Labs makes no representations or warranties of any kind or purpose whatsoever, express or implied and without limitation, concerning the quality, usefulness or appropriateness of the Second Place Prize for any particular individual or entity, and each Second Place Prize winner shall be solely responsible and liable for all information and ideas provided to Headlight Labs in connection therewith.
Neither the First Place Prize nor the Second Place Prize is transferable, nor does either have any cash value. No prize substitution is permitted. ALL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. All prizes are awarded WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND from Sponsor, express or implied, without limitation. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Rules and by the decisions of Headlight Labs, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this contest.
7. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: Headlight Labs shall have the right, and each winner shall, if requested, sign and return an Affirmation of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of Headlight Labs providing via e-mail same to winner. Failure to comply will result in forfeiture of prize and award to an alternate winner.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering the contest or submitting any Headlight Labs Puzzle for consideration, you agree individually and on behalf of your heirs, successors, assigns and estate, that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain any award for, and you hereby waive, any and all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of- pocket expenses.
10. CONSTRUCTION. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of California, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
11. TECHNICAL FAILURES AND RELATED MATTERS. The contest shall be void and Headlight Labs shall have no responsibility or liability therefore if, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, whether due to any issues with Adweek or any infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Headlight Labs which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest. Headlight Labs reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Headlight Labs assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Headlight Labs is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure or any e-mail or entry to be received by Headlight Labs on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this promotion.
12. WINNERS LIST: A winners list is available by sending a self-addressed, stamped (postage pre-paid) envelope no later than December 15, 2022 to Headlight Labs, LLC, 12 E 14th St. 4C New York, New York 10003 (USA), ATTN: Grant Harbin, with a note requesting this list.
If you won someone will get back to you about claiming your prize